Monday, December 3, 2012

Ten Reasons Why I Am Not a Fundamentalist

A Brief Personal Introduction

In 1969 I became a Christian.
Like most new converts, I started out with a vague concept that “the bible is the word of God”, without giving very much thought to just what that might mean.  My conversion had been heavily influenced by a group of Christians in my college who were far more knowledge than myself, and I simply adopted their viewpoint. The bible was “The Book” and was God’s chosen way of communicating with us, and that was it.
In 1971 I joined the extremist “Children of God” sect (there’s more on this in  How to Survive in the Pharisee Church). The Children of God regarded the King James Version from the 16th century as the only divinely ordained translation . . .   Continue reading >>

No comments:

Post a Comment